DID you know people in Brazil take more showers than anywhere else in the world? Here in the UK, while 57 per cent prefer to shower, 32 per cent enjoy a bath at least once a week… not sure where that leaves the remaining 11 per cent!
In a recent survey* ahead of International Bath Day, bathers said they love to relax in a tub of warm water, sometimes with bubbles, crystals or fragranced oil, which helps them switch-off from the cares of the day and enjoy some peace and quiet. While showering is quick and will certainly leave you clean and energised, many bathers light a candle and top up with more hot water to extend the experience.
This concept of #metime has echoes of the art of bathing which for many centuries, was an important ritual, in some cases semi-religious in terms of cleansing the body and purifying the soul. Even today in cultures as diverse as Turkey (the hammam), Finland (the sauna) and the natural hot springs of Japan and Iceland, taking a bath is still approached as a serious business.
To celebrate International Bath Day, we’re running a fun promotion on Facebook with the chance to win a three months’ supply of Bexters Bath Crystals, based on two baths a week. The crystals contain higher levels of magnesium plus essential oil of peppermint for the ultimate rejuvenating bath soak… bliss!
*Survey carried out on behalf of Victoria Plumbing March 2019
Terms and Conditions
· The prize draw runs from June 7th to midnight June 14th 2019
· There is one prize of six 200g sachets of Bexters Bath Crystals (RRP £30)
· Entrants must leave a comment on the Facebook promotional post giving their reasons for preferring bath or shower
· The winner will be selected at random and informed by reply to their comment and/or by Facebook message, within 14 days of the closing date
· The winner must respond within 14 days or a new winner will be chosen
· The prize will be despatched within seven days of the winner confirming their address, and winner’s name will be announced on Facebook
· By participating in this prize draw (promoted by Bowen Supplies by Helen) entrants confirm they have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions
· This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, advertised or associated with Facebook